Like I said before, I love spicy food and starches. So, naturally, I would try to combine the two together some how. This recipe is super simple and incredibly tasty! Make it for dinner in a rush or an eat in meal with a friend, family member or date! It’s even great without the the crushed red peppers that add it’s spice! Enjoy!
- Cook the penne pasta according to the directions on the box
- In a small pot on low heat, melt the butter slowly
- When butter is melted, add crushed red peppers, garlic powder and basil. Let shimmer until pasta is done. Mixing occasionally
- When pasta is done, strain and add back to pot. Sit over extremely low heat. Add salt and pepper to pasta and stir.
- Immediately add butter sauce to pasta, take of heat, stir and serve!
I created this recipe one day because I wanted something sweet but I didn’t want some overly preserved store bought snack and I didn’t have enough time to make anything from scratch. It’s a really cheap and quick recipe that gives you the feeling of homemade without a long trip to the grocery store. Most of everything on the list might already be in your own kitchen. I hope you try it and enjoy it!