I’m a Brooklyn girl currently pursuing her creative dreams in Philadelphia with her beloved Husband and their two fur babies, Bishop the very vocal cat and Cornetto, our raggedy and happy shih tzu. Persistently trying to put this Art degree to good use by making cute things in my home studio that I like to call Wonderland. I currently have an online store selling my work at shop.whimsicaljoy.com and over at Etsy.
I’m pretty handy with a crochet hook, knitting needles and sewing machine. I’m a bit of a yarn snob and I live for pretty floral fabric. Mint might as well be my signature color. I really love to cook and would prefer to learn how to make international dishes instead of going to a restaurant.
Pretty Important Facts About Me
- I collect teacups.
- I’m an obsessed Sherlock fan.
- I love Rory Williams more than any Doctor.
- I wanted to be a Chemistry or an English major in College. I got into schools, 2 Ivy Leagues, for both but went to a small art school instead because I wanted to be happy. Don’t tell my high school teachers!
- I can sing the periodic table of elements.
- I was diagnosed with PCOS.
- I love ice. I don’t know why but it’s my favorite thing to eat.
- I visit Diners, Drive-ins and Dives restaurants when I go on vacation.
- I have 4 siblings that I love dearly. An older half sister, deceased older brother, the best older sister in the world and my little brother who I practically raised (and ruled!).
- I collect really old books. The oldest book I have is 133 years old!
- My Husband was my first and last boyfriend, kiss, date and so on. I think it’s pretty romantic 😊.
- I was born and raised in NYC but moved to PA when I was 19.
This site was previously know as PeppermintCandies.net and was started in 2008. In 2012 I changed the name to WhimsicalJoy.com. I host with 1and1 and I am currently using an edited version of the theme Madeleine.